Lop sided Spitfire mk3

Matt1631

Hi all, I have a 1969 MK3 Spitfire, it sits low on the offside rear by about 2cm. I've had it on the ramps and all the suspension components look fine and measure equally to each other. The lead spring is the original and looks in good condition, could it just have altered over the years causing the slight sag or dies anyone have any other suggestions please?

Try jacking the car up under the diff, as central as possible. Just get the wheels off the ground. Then check the front springs are equal.

Next, do the same jacking the car under the front crossmember dead central. Check the rear.

Often the issue is at the othetr end of the car.

Dio make sure all that is done of perfectly level ground. Ideally measure  to chassis points rather than body. 

56 minutes ago, Clive said:

Try jacking the car up under the diff, as central as possible. Just get the wheels off the ground. Then check the front springs are equal.

Next, do the same jacking the car under the front crossmember dead central. Check the rear.

Dio make sure all that is done of perfectly level ground. Ideally measure  to chassis points rather than body. 

Thank you Clive, appreciated

13 hours ago, Clive said:

Thanks

12 hours ago, glang said:

Of course theres nothing to say a rear spring cant go weak on one side. Uneven tempering or a broken leaf could do it for example...

Thank you, I can't see any of the leaves broken but wondered if it wasn't quite central

1 hour ago, Matt1631 said:

Thank you, I can't see any of the leaves broken but wondered if it wasn't quite central

The spring has a central lump that must fit in a corresponding hole in the top of the diff so should sit right....