Fitting GAZ adjustable shocks

xebec

Hi,

Has anybody fitted GAZ adjustable height shocks with uprated springs. I am about to do this and was wondering if anybody can help with advice re how to set these up initially for fitting and then adjusting to get the same amount of height on either side. Where is the best place to take measurements from to align etc.

Regards, Ken.

Measure from the bottom of the top spring plate to the top of the bottom spring plate. As for the shocks, start on the first setting and then drive the car. Adjust one click/position until you like the damping. As for the ride height you want to be able to put your hand under the arch but on top of the tire. Adjust one correctly then measure the gap(as stated previously) and then adjust the other side to the same measure. Check the ride height on both sides and your done.

the stiffer the springs you got, the moer you will need to up the damping,
cos the springs if uprated  alot, will over rule the settings you would use on a softer sring.
about 4 click set off should be ok,
ohhh keep the adjusters well covered up when you got it set ok, as they dont arf get tight fast. :-/ :-/

thread hi Jack ,    just sent my 20 odd year old AVO,s off to the factory [ back ones ] to have them fitted with softer valveing,  so can actually have moer control over the settings,
cost  13 £ a damper. and will come back as new, so i was told. so not bad service there me tinks. :)

Marcus

796 wrote:
the stiffer the springs you got, the moer you will need to up the damping,
cos the springs if uprated  alot, will over rule the settings you would use on a softer sring.
about 4 click set off should be ok,
ohhh keep the adjusters well covered up when you got it set ok, as they dont arf get tight fast. :-/ :-/

thread hi Jack ,    just sent my 20 odd year old AVO,s off to the factory [ back ones ] to have them fitted with softer valveing,  so can actually have moer control over the settings,
cost  13 £ a damper. and will come back as new, so i was told. so not bad service there me tinks. :)

Marcus

Untill they tell you that they don't make them anymore and that the internals are different now so you have to buy new ones.  There is a big thread about this on the pistonheads forum from a couple of years ago. best of luck!!

Hows the car coming along??

Tim

Archived