Telescopic Rear Shock Conversion - Koni Shocks

sam93

Hello All,

Once my rear suspension goes back together on my GT6 MK3, I'll be using adjustable Koni shocks. My question is what do people normally set them too ? I'm fitting Red Poly bushes & a 3/4" lowering block.

Does anyone know where to get Red poly bushes for these too ? The kit I've ordered from canley's doesn't include "damper bushes" does that mean the rear shocks ?

Thanks in advance,
Sam.

There is no "ideal" setting, but I would suggest pretty soft, maybe 1/4. Too hard and the cars just skit about.

Shock absorbers should technically be called dampers. The springs are the shock absorbers in a suspension setup. The shocks damp the springs.

I have a Triumphtune performance Tuning manual from the early 90s and in there they recommend Konis on Spitfires, GT6s, Herald and Vitesses should be set up at + one half turn for fast road use on the rear, ie half a turn from the sodftest setting. One the front they recommend + two half turns (why they don't call this + 1 turn I dont know!) for fast road use.

cook1e wrote:
I have a Triumphtune performance Tuning manual from the early 90s and in there they recommend Konis on Spitfires, GT6s, Herald and Vitesses should be set up at + one half turn for fast road use on the rear, ie half a turn from the sodftest setting. One the front they recommend + two half turns (why they don't call this + 1 turn I dont know!) for fast road use.

Cookie,
They say two half turns to work in a similar way to Koni who call a half turn a sweep. One sweep is about as far as it is comfortable to adjust a hand held unit without repositioning the hands. Each half turn is one step in hardness.
                                                                            Cheers,
                                                                            Paul