Koni Classic adjustment.

Spider

Spider, I have those shocks fitted to my GT6.

Remove shock,
fully extend piston,
Remove rubber bump stop,
Fully compress shock till you feel the internal adjuster engage, then twist in either direction for 'stiffer/softer' settings

I think ?   its been a while since I adjusted mine!

see you at the next Shropshire meet ?  8)

Roy. :)

Cheers for the info Roy. I thought that you may be able to adjust them by removing the rubber cap from the top and adjusting the centre rod with a spanner.  :(  I would post a picture but my PC is having problems with the hard drive and I cannot up load any from my phone  as it is operating in "safe mode".
I will do my best to get to the next Shropshire meeting (work permitting) and If I get there in the GT6 I can show you what I meant.

rotoflex wrote:
http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm

Edit:
That page shows adjustment method for several types, yours should be the 80 series.

Here, this is particularized:
http://www.koni-na.com/compb.cfm

Thanks for that Bill. I guess the flats on the piston rod are for adjusting once the shock is off and fully depressed? I thought they may be adjustable on the car like the Gaz shocks I have for the Locost. Seems like a lot of effort, on and off the car many times until you find the right setting.  :-/

Bill is Mobile where the hurricanes have caused all the havoc this week? I hope you and all your friends and family are ok.

All the best.
Spider.

Spider
I think the bit on top under the sust cover has flats on it  so you can hold it whilst you tighten up the top rubbers either side of suspension turret once back on car?  

Where in herefordshire are u?  

I may have a drive down at some point, some good roads between Telford & Heteford  ;D

royboy66 wrote:
Spider
I think the bit on top under the sust cover has flats on it  so you can hold it whilst you tighten up the top rubbers either side of suspension turret once back on car?  

Where in herefordshire are u?  

I may have a drive down at some point, some good roads between Telford & Heteford  ;D

I am in a village called Pembridge when I am not at work. Really busy at work (MOD) at the moment with sorting things out for events happening in July. I will be lucky to get 2 consecutive days off over the Easter break, must not complain though at least I have a job to go to, no matter how bad the pay is.  :-/
If I am able to get a few days off then I will give you a shout and either you could take a spin down here or we could meet up somewhere in between. I like to get out in the GT6 as often as possible when I do get home. I spend more time driving it to see what I can break before doing any mods/maintenance on it, I figure that's the best way of prioritizing the work needed, and it's more fun that way. (smile)(dance)

3762 wrote:

Bill is Mobile where the hurricanes have caused all the havoc this week? I hope you and all your friends and family are ok.
Spider.

This is where we have hurricanes, or as those people in England call them, "hurricanoes".
But none yet this year.  Hurricane Season does not start until June 1, or as those people in England call it, "Hurricanoe Season".

We also have tornadoes, but none yet this year.  There have been some fierce tornadoes this year 180 miles north near Birmingham.  The tornadoes in the last few years have become huge without precedent.  It used to be tornadoes would snake across the landscape popping a school gymnasium there, hurling a truck here, dispersing a house there, like in "The Wizard of Oz".  But now they are observing tornadoes that are a *mile wide* & larger, & instead of having a short duration in a local area, continue for hours across large sections of the country - such as the one last year that was filmed going through Alabama & Georgia.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3DzX8fXwOU&feature=related

It used to be that when a tornado was spotted, civil defense sirens were sounded & everybody ran away from it (there are few basements in low, coastal regions), or sheltered as best as possible with having some odds that the tornado would miss them.  But when the tornado is a mile wide, where can you run, or even drive fast enough in an urban environment?

Archived