Koni Shocks settings

cook1e

I picked up a cheap set of Koni's last year for the front of the GT6 at Stafford last year brand new in the box but opened. Got some uprated 330lb springs over the weekend so getting around to fitting them with the Konis. Just checked and the Koni's had been wound right up to the stiffest setting by the previous owner. I'm pretty sure that thsi would be a bit OTT for raod use. Been checking a few sites on the web it seems Koni recommend lowest setting for standard springs (which is what they are normally set to out of the box) and between a half and a full turn from softest setting for road use with stiffer springs. As Konis have to be adjusted off the car it would be best to get a reasonably good setting straight off. Thinking of setting it up fairly stiff for fast road use as I like to throw the car around the corners so was thinking of setting up the Konis one full turn from softest.

Wondered if anyone out there has Konis fitted and what they set them to before I fit them though in case anyone has any advice?

99176 wrote:
A good deal depends on what you've got at the back.
Don't go mad if you're running standard settings there.

I've got Koni's on the back with the Triumphtune chassis brackets. Bought them as a kit from MOSS and they were suppossed to be set up so I didn't adjust them. They seem pretty firm though.

Archived