My first Coast 2 Coast!

Morning all. Just want to say a huge thank you to the organisers of the c2c. It was a superb event to take part in. Some lovely roads to be driven. 

And to top it off we made it!

My 1300fwd got us there and home with only a couple of minor hitches! 

So thanks again and congrats to all participants. 

And Darren sharp for introducing me to the event 😁

Here's to the next one!! 

DSC_5322.JPG

IMG-20240624-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20240623-WA0016.jpg

• Like 7

I loved seeing the 1300 and the toledo on this run. It's nice to see the little cars on the runs.  So much more interesting than another big saloon....just my humble opinion I know lots won't agree . It's just nice to see the smaller engines get around. 

And before anyone points out I have a 2.0l engine I have owned a spit and herald 13/60 both of which I did the RBRR and C2C in.

• Like 2

Cheers.

To be fair that's why I try to enter these events, everyone has their preference in vehicles, but it's good to get the small "uns" involved.

They are capable little cars and I think people do like seeing them on the events. 

Even if it's to think "wow your brave" 😁😂😂.

• Like 2

Dave, thank you for entering and thank you for your appreciation. I am delighted you enjoyed the event.

It is great to see the 1300 / Toledo / Dolomite range of cars entered in events. They are usually under represented. As you point out they are very capable cars.  I often drove a 1300TC in period and was always impressed with its performance and refinement.  They just missed having a 5th gear.

I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Chris  

• Like 2

On 29/06/2024 at 21:22, Matt306 said:

Get on the RBRR next you'll love it

I tried it last year, I was the non finish due to a misfire, fuel collected in the exhaust and "exploded" under the car.... So next year definitely starting and finishing!!! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, thescrapman said:

I have done a RBRR in a 1300TC, they are seriously under geared, but so comfortable. 

Superb for comfort. I didn't once think ooh my back. Or feel too hot / cold. It was perfect !