Mabel’s resurrection - again

Wendy Dawes

On 21/07/2024 at 14:07, Wendy Dawes said:

🙄 typical -  I understand that the 123 has a capacitor actually in the rotor arm and these can fail so you get a weak/random spark.  Darren’s failed on Olaf and Dale told him about the capacitor new one fitted  and all good again  The same one is fitted to the Porsche  911  👍

Yes, I run one in my Porsche and it works really well...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Engine and gearbox now re - united , after much fiddling and faffing, now to refit the ancillaries then a start up. Been a long wait this one, February when the piston went pop 🤣 

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg

IMG_2785.jpeg

Well done indeed !! I hope it runs really well for you 💪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Thank you I’m planning first run at the weekend, got to put new rubber fuel lines and fuel filters from pump through to carb ,old ones  starting to crack 😊

A video of it running would be good!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Engine and gearbox now re - united , after much fiddling and faffing, now to refit the ancillaries then a start up. Been a long wait this one, February when the piston went pop 🤣 

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg

IMG_2785.jpeg

It will be worth every penny when you're sat behind the wheel enjoying her again. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Shepsy said:

A video of it running would be good!

I did put a video of it on the dyno, but videos take up lots of your storage on the forum so I deleted it,  I will post one when the car is actually being driven 😊 but only for a week or so 👍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I did rev her up  a little - , not just on slow idle, Just to test for water leaks after refilling the coolant , also had a leak on the carburettor but new gasket and change of float  sorted that.  No more sitting idle, she’s being driven 😊

Edited by Wendy Dawes
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mabel has her pre - mot today, hopefully there won’t be much more to do, although her accelerator pedal is sitting a litttle low - the return spring is a heap of rust, as is the bracket 🙄  so I’ve got a replacement pedal, new bracket, spring, and clevis pin, and I’ll pop on another new cable for good measure.  She’ll make it to the mot garage it’s only in the next street. 

• Like 1