1939 14/60 Dolomite info please

HI I've recently seen a 1939 14/60 Dolomite for sale at Ghost Works Ltd. The advert states they do not have a full history of the car, I contacted them to see if they had the name Joe Woolfrey in the history but unfortunately they did not, and suggested I contact the Triumph owners club. My grandfather had a record of a Dolomite with the distinctive waterfall grille being purchased for £100 2 shillings and tupence, but not the registration which was really strange as he recorded the detail of every car he had back to before 1920, my mother can remember riding in the car when see was a child during the war. As far as I can establish only 11 Dolomite convertibles were built of which only a few were Red. I'm trying to establish whether this was the car my Grandfather drove. It would be fantastic to own something my Grandfather was driving 80 years ago. Any information you could give me would be much appreciated 

Regards

Clive

Edited by Clive
improve title
  • Like 1

• Clive changed the title to 1939 14/60 Dolomite info please

I don't have any knowledge of this particular car. Have you tried contacting the pre 1940 Triumph motor club https://www.pre-1940triumphmotorclub.org/?doing_wp_cron=1704385503.6511850357055664062500

I write a blog about Triumph car dealers. Do I understand that your grandfather worked at a dealership? Do you have any info about his time there prewar?

• Like 1