HS6 Float bowl screw threads

Richard B

Hello Richard,

it's a while since I touched an S.U. carburettor but my memory seems to tell me that there is not a lot of meat around the float chamber screw holes, being die cast it can be very accurately made?
At least second hand chambers should be quite easily found should my guess be correct?

Alec

I've managed to sheer the "shoulder" off the bowl before - but that was when I was trying to drill out the snapped thread of one of the bolts. (HS4, not HS6 I must confess)
I'm not sure about HS6, but on HS4 the bowls vary slightly from HS4 type to type - so if that's the case on HS6, just make sure you get the right type....

If you have the bowl part number, I might have one lying around somewhere - they do differ very slightly, but the part number is cast on it somewhere (AUD something I think), and I can check my pile of carb bits. I might even have a couple of screws left, if I haven't used / dropped all of them.