Young American Addict

1147cc

So Im Douglas... I like my imports.  I imported my lovely British wife from Bristol 8 years ago and my Acclaim CD to the states last year.  I have a Ten; a few mk1 Spits; GT6+; TR4; GTR5 (TR4 with GT6 roof and engine); TR3A; TR7; and a 83 Acclaim CD, which I believe is the 4th in the US and the only CD over here.

The plan was to buy the Acclaim and keep it at my in-laws and drive it in the 10CR but covid and MOT messed that plan up.  so I shipped it home to fix the 'issues'.

still plan to run the 10CR this year but prob in a Herald now.  maybe Ill ship my CD back for the next one.

IMG_20210309_181646019_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211018_173001968_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200201_162839082.jpg

IMG_20200214_180308671.jpg

IMG_20200312_235959843 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180512_163654584.jpg

• Like 2

I love it!  but I like Honda too.  most people dont know what they are... since there are only 4 here; no one ever sees them.  Ive never seen one over here before; just a picture of one at a VTR event.

It a quick car too.  just wish mine wasnt so rusty.  maybe Ill have to get another to keep in the UK (dont tell the wife)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1147cc said:

17 hours ago, 1147cc said:

Yes, nice collection of cars, you've got the Triumph bug bad. Welcome and well done for finding this FORUM. I must confess the GTR5 is a new one on me, it's a happy marriage and I much prefer the appearance to that of the Dove hatchback coupe version of the TR4

must confesss the GTR5

Thanks.  Havent been able to do much recently.  had to remodel the home for the wife.
I update my Facebook page more than my site.  Been driving my GTR every week but need to get the Acclaim back in the shop to finish it and customers projects.  but I seem to get distracted easily...  Im looking to buy and scan some Triumph microfiche now  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...