Answers From The Oil Expert

oilman

Sorry you chaps feel we are spamming you.

It is handy information, so was the one on gear oils previously. You dont have to read them if you know better and already know all about it. I certainly dont expect you to buy from us, the consumers choice at the end of the day.

Ho hum.

Cheers

Guy.

John_Martin wrote:
Further to Raiders reply above I'll just say that as the advertising officer I am the one who has contacted Opie Oils, stating the forum rules and offering a choice of alternative solutions for their advertising within the club. :)

I have not recieved anything, can you please resend to sales@opieoils.co.uk

Cheers

Guy.

I think that the information would have been better recieved as a GENUINE answer to a question - there has been a lot of discussion about oil qualities on here recently. Perhaps omitting the hyperlinks would have been less contentious also.

I've had a long discussion here recently with Leon about ZDDP levels. I have to be careful with my opinions in public forums, now that I'm back formulating engine oils professionally, but my best advice is to go for API spec BELOW SM to ensure higher ZDDP levels. I haven't had the time to see the evidence for trouble in pushrod engines, so far I believe that it's more of a problem to MGs.

Archived