Tom2000

phil866 wrote:
Could be worse Tom2000, you could own an M*B!!  Never mind the hex and curse, you keep asking questions, it keeps everyone in touch with their first Triumph and their first black fingernail. You know, the one that took you to A+E to have it punctured with a red hot paper clip...no? Happened to me drifting the gearbox mainshaft from its bearing......my eyes water even 30 odd years later  :'(

Oh I recall my first black finger nail......in 1990 working in the service department of a Mercedes dealership.  My thumb hurt to distraction as the blood pressure slowly peeled the nail off.  When a co-worker suggested a red hot paper clip through the finger nail....I thought he was insane.  The pain got so bad I was looking forward to getting home and melting hole through my nail into the blood pocket to release the pressure.  Wow what  a release in pressure and it ended the pain instantly.  A few year leater I did the same thing.......but this time I used a tiny hobby micro drill bit to slow drill a hole through the nail with a hand held pin vise.

Archived