1300 fine spline clutch

Jonny-Jimbo

Hi All,

A friend of mine (not on the forum) is after a 1300 fine spline clutch for his spitfire, but it's a single rail box. He says that it's the smaller diameter clutch, but the 20-spline fitting, rather than 10.

He thinks it's from early 1300 Dolomites. Anyone have one they're willing to part with? Preferably Borg and Beck with cover, not just the pressure plate.

Not with that clutch I hope.....
The modern B+B clutches are nothing like the proper  ones. They are now made by Firstline.

If putting a supercharger on, you  will be wanting a decent big clutch. A 1500 flywheel/clutch would be a better start.

Not my car or build Clive - I wouldn't run it through a standard clutch, but it's being built on the cheap. It was going to have a Rover V8 in it but he got bored of trying to make it fit so he chucked that all out and went back to the 1300.

It's odd, he's spent years spotwelding new panels in etc and is basically just chucking the engine together! I think he's just got a bit bored of it...

Quoted from cliftyhanger
all 1300 dolly... but not the earlier toledos (which used the coarse splines)
When I needed one I found them on fleabay,
Cover same as 1300 herald etc so easy to find, the plate less so.

Late Toledo has fine spline/single rail 'box, unless I just dreamt it.

Mark