clutch slave cylinder

system6

Hi .....sorry chaps but another answer needed :B......I've tried bleeding the slave cylinder today , but when the nipple is re-tightened the peddle will not move,...have i got the pipe and bleed nipple the wrong way round ?...........it has been removed/stripped cleaned and new seals fittedMk3 gt6

Thanks 8)

It does not matter from an operational point of view which way round the nipple and pipe go. The only reason for having the nipple on top is to remove all the air. If the pedal does not move you may have other problems, has the car been laid up and the clutch stuck.I assume that the master is pushing fluid through? Before putting the slave back in did you check the piston slide in the cylinder, sorry for sounding as if it stupid but it could be jammed?

Thanks Graham...... Yes i did check it and it was moving , but that was about 6 months ago , (full resto on car :o) , does seem to me that the slave is jammed , i'll try to move it manually later and report back
                                          Cheers
                                                    S

Graham ....Just to let you all know...problem solved, slave piston was stuck/jammed ,... lots light  press's on the peddle then a few heavy press's with the old foot and bingo :) ...all working ok

Thanks... 8) once again to you all

Glad you sorted it out sometimes it can be the simplest thing, I am having a similar battle with my Spitfire, after replacing all the seals still not working. Now replaced the slave and master. Hopefully cured. Now turning my attention to getting a GT6 running, finally got the thing to turn over.

ALL GOOD THINGS

Cheers

Graham