SD1 BRAKE SERVO ON A TR7 V8

j.johnson23

Only answering in the negative I am afraid.

I have fitted uprates four pot calipers and still used the original master cylinder even in competition and not found it a problem, sure the pedal goes quite a way down but the brakes still work much beter ;)

I put a SD1 servo on my v8 about 17 years ago. Not sure if it made any difference but they were readily available in scrappies at the time and seemed a good upgrade. Remember having to cut and shorten (weld) the end that attaches to the pedal - being careful not to over heat and melt the rubber. Think I used the original master cylinder.

• 5 months later...

Hi new to these forums and have been working on a 7 for my son.
I see your post is a few months old  but we just fitted the late SD1 girling servo and master  without a problem. Shortened the rod by 25mm and dropped it straight in. It clears the throttle cable and clutch servo by about 2mm and the step in the bulkhead by about 1mm.

I also cut the black plastic sleeve back a little and used some large washers and nylocs and a new bulkhead gasket when refitting. The mounting studs have the same PCD as the original.