Fitting a brake servo

Spearson

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did do a quick search but couldn't find much.

I bought an after-market brake servo from moss, and I am unsure of how to go about fitting it. I understand the theory behind it but not how to actually go about it. I believe it has to be connected to the inlet manifold, but I don't know how this would be done. Will I have to remove the manifold and get it altered in some way? I am really unsure any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If it's the Lockheed Delphi Kit that MOSS sell then it comes with an adaptor which needs to be fitted to your manifold. In order to do this properly you need to take the manifold off the car and drill and tap it to accept the adaptor. You really bneed to do this off the car as you would not want to get swarf in the inlet manifold as it will end up in one of the combustion chambers. My manifold already had the adaptor fitted as I was replacing an old girling powerstop when I fitted mine.

If you haven't got access to a tap of the right thread then you may need to take your manifold along to a local Engineering firm. They shouldn't charge an awaful lot to drill and tap the manifold.

Looking at my gebuine Triumph manual for the GT6 even the proper Triumph aftermarket kit for a GT6 needed the manifold to be drilled and that was an official option. The manual state the thread as 1/8 x 27 NPT, not sure if the adaptor in the MOSS kit is the same thread.

Picture enlcosed of my servo installed and a picture from the official triumph manual showing the fitting of a Girling powerstop.

I am fitting better pads and discs because it needs them too. I'm also going to fit braided hoses. I'm basically overhauling and uprating the brakes. It has already had a full new set of copper brake lines and the drums shoes etc are also quite new

Archived