brake line upgrade

greenbonnie

Greenbonnie,
I can't recommend using a clutch hose in a brake system. It may not be made for the same level of pressure. However, a braided BRAKE hose of the correct length would be a solution I wouldn't be so doubtful about.
                                                                             Hope this helps,
                                                                             Paul

greenbonnie,

wot he said^

any type of braided hose in the brake circuit will detract from the 'feel' on the pedal(but still better than the oem rubber type used at the wheels) as it will expand no matter how rigid unlike the standard fitment copper pipe which will not. :)

Guy who runs my local perfomance shop, AND builds and maintains race cars for other people, uses Aeroquip hose everywhere.
Even for his own car.
He feels that it's more secure than steel or copper pipe, and it's easier to run, being flexible, as long as you secure it to the chassis frequently.  Coss a lot more than pipe, though.

If you do go down this route, make sure that there is a suitable connection at either end.   One must be a swivel; otherwise as you screw in one end , the other comes undone!

John

Like John says! I run Aeroquip from both the master cylinders. When I originally assembled it I built it up without swivels, master and slave already connected, tested them, and fitted them as a unit. This worked fine right up until I needed to change the clutch slave! Swivel connections are definatly the way forward!

Archived