LRTR

I am redoing the brake pipes on my mk3 Spitfire. There was a single pipe running front to back but the rimmers catalogue shows a join between the front and rear sections of the pipework along the chassis, is this correct and if so how far along the chassis does the join go?

Cheers
Matt

1613 wrote:
I am redoing the brake pipes on my mk3 Spitfire. There was a single pipe running front to back but the rimmers catalogue shows a join between the front and rear sections of the pipework along the chassis, is this correct and if so how far along the chassis does the join go?

Cheers
Matt

There is a four way connector mounted on the chassis just behind the left hand turret this devides the main line to LH front RH front and another to rear.
The rear line should also have a straight connector in it.

1613 wrote:
I have both the 4-way and 3-way connectors. It is the rear pipe i want to know about, how far along the rear pipe does the joint go?

Cheers

Sorry, Yeah there is a three way connector for R & L rear lines.
The inline conector sits near the short outrigger, I could be wrong but I think it sits just after the same. At the end of the day it does not really matter that much the exact position.

Gt6s wrote:
In front of the short crossmember !

I remember being wrong once before. ;)

Hmm - I remember being wrong before too. Last time was in 1972. Believe it was a Monday!
Of course I was wrong. Being wrong  8)

Archived