Ali centre bumper size?

qed296

The aluminium sections are only applicable to Vitesses (Heralds had rubber, if any) and all Vitesses are the same size. There is expected to be a small gap between the centre section and the overriders - they are mounted to different places and made of different metals; they will move relative to each other and you don't want them rubbing. What you should do is fit the centre section centrally, so that the gap is the same both sides.

There is quite a lot of up/down adjustment on the OverRider  but not much sideways adjustment having said that there is enough to allow for a nice equal fit.

The sealing strips fit to the edge of the OverRider and are pressed against the Valance when the OverRider is tightened they can be cut to the correct length either before they are fitted with a pair of sharp scissors or afterwards with a sharp craft  knife.

I personally found fitting these strips to be a time consuming task but well worth the effort when done.

Mine are fitted to a Herald 13/60 so not from the original car and I like you thought that the front centre & front N/S for that matter were the wrong length but once the sealing strips were fitted and all adjusted they look really good.

And remember this is a 1970s Triumph where gaps were not that good when they came out of the Showroom.

Quoted from midgeman
There is quite a lot of up/down adjustment on the OverRider  but not much sideways adjustment having said that there is enough to allow for a nice equal fit.

The sealing strips fit to the edge of the OverRider and are pressed against the Valance when the OverRider is tightened they can be cut to the correct length either before they are fitted with a pair of sharp scissors or afterwards with a sharp craft  knife.

I personally found fitting these strips to be a time consuming task but well worth the effort when done.

Mine are fitted to a Herald 13/60 so not from the original car and I like you thought that the front centre & front N/S for that matter were the wrong length but once the sealing strips were fitted and all adjusted they look really good.

And remember this is a 1970s Triumph where gaps were not that good when they came out of the Showroom.

Alan

I though the rubber sealing strips attached to the edge of the valance adjacent to the Over-rider?

Can anyone confirm this?

Gary

Hi Gary

Yes you are correct (well for the front anyway) I seem to recall that when I fitted them I fed them between the OverRider and the Valance using a small amount of White Grease that came with my Polybushes which allowed them to slide easily down the edge of the Valance and the Bumper Trims were fitted afterwards.

But with regards to the rears they are fitted to the edge of the OverRiders.

Hope this helps.

Alan.