rossybrown

Hi all,

I am to fit some dolly sprint alloys to my mk3 spit and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on tyre size that won't cause any clearance issues?  I can get 165/70 and 165/65 R13 quite reasonably and initial thoughts are the 65 profile tyres will give me close to the rolling raduis of the orignal wheel tyre combination as well as less risk of wheel arch fouling due to the wider 5.5J wheel.

Any advice gratefull recieved.

Cheers.

175/70. Same radius as std tyres, easy to get hold of, good fit on 5.5j (original on the sprint I believe) Should fit with no fouling. But you may well require spcers for the wheels as they have a different offset to std. You will def need the correct nuts, ideally the larger 7/16 ones and upgrade your studs to TR6 at the same time. the std 3/8 sprint wheelnuts are available as well. Under no circumstances use normal spit wheelnuts, they must be exact match for the wheels.
Sorry to go on, this always worries me.

Clive

Quote:
Under no circumstances use normal spit wheelnuts, they must be exact match for the wheels.
Sorry to go on, this always worries me.

Having seen a lorry tyre flying towards me whilst doing 70 down a dual carriageway I reckon it's a point worth making....

Archived