2.0L block with 2.5 head

GT6RID

Hi Im brand new to forum, restoring a GT6 mk3. My current engine crank is badly worn. Am going to look at a replacement unit with a 2.5 head on it does anyone know if this is a good thing or not? The engine is prefix is ME----HE (mk2 saloon low power 84 i beleive) the head is 308750. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1468 wrote:
As the person responsible for the update of the NZ site I've converted that page to the new site's format so it's back again.. Good to know people use it.

Is that you, Tony? I just emailed Rocky to ask if he still had the data.

Is it worth saving the file on here as a Sticky?

Hi,

No it's not Tony. My name's Robert and I've been in the Christchurch club about a year. I answered the committee's call for someone to sort out their website as it hadn't changed in about 4 years. Just been working through what we keep and what we don't. This page was one that hadn't been done yet. I've attached a Word document version of the page in case it changes again but this is unlikely.

Robert

Hi Nick,

No up to date pictures, it's almost ready for the road just need a carpet set, door locks and exhaust centre section and it's all go.

If you go here http://www.atcc.org.nz/cgibin/photo/index.cgi?mode=view&album=/RobsGT6 there is a photo album of before and after from when I lived in Auckland. Pictures of the car painted were just after I moved to Christchurch. I've got a set of wires waiting to go on it as well, currently it's on dolomite rims I think as the offset is all wrong. If it'd have been in the UK it would have been scrapped I think but as you know MK1's are a bit rare in NZ.

I bought it intending to use it as a parts car for $500 sight unseen. When I unearthed it from under bales of straw and other associated "crap" it had new wires, a private on hold reg plate and lots of NOS panels to fix it :) best find ever. The guy selling it refused to take more money for it even when I pointed out how under priced it was. That was 10 years and 5 house moves ago..

Robert

Thanks for the info on the heads/blocks etc. Bought engine, head was off all seems good. No endfloat & new rings have been fitted im told, along with one exhaust valve. bores are a little worn but have not been re-bored it also has 2 fly wheels, one has been lightened so will probably fit the light one. £120 bargain....I hope.

Can anyone tell me why the head has 1.5inch inlet holes where the carbs or Injection system would go? head numbers 313248 (raised), 219015 (stamped). I believe form the info provided this means the head is from a mk2 PI. Why is it not 1.75inch?

Archived