Ben Baxter

Hooray, finally have a day off work where it isn't raining and nothing has come up that I need to rush off and sort out!

Anyway, while  waiting for my new dampers to arrive after thinking that my current ones were a bit dodgy, took the old ones off. Looks like I was right, the passenger side one moves nowhere near as easily as the drivers side one, despite appearing to be in the same condition. Without physically dragging the damper up (which takes a fair bit of effort, though possibly less than the spring applies?) this is their natural resting position after compressing them:

I'm a bit unsure what you mean.  I think you mean:

Both dampers compress and extend to the same lengths BUT, one gives more resistance to movement than the other. Then, if fully compressed and then left, they extend themselves to the different lengths shown......

Which appears to indicate that at least one is knackered and they were gas dampers and one has lost more gas pressure than the other.  Chuck both in the bin and fit new..... :P

Nick

Right, the one bloody time that I've an easy job to do on the car, where even I can't do much wrong, the damn parts don't arrive!

Eight days since they were posted and apparently Royal Mail won't get off their backsides to find out where things are until 14 days, despite advertising a post of 3-5 working days (inc. Saturdays). Gah!

Archived