Hugh

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

908 wrote:
Oh what should the standard crankshaft measurements be please someone

Hugh, Can I suggest you invest in a 2000/2.5 Saloon workshoip manual. It will have lot in relevant information regarding the engine & injection system.

Large A4 Blue paperback, usually goes for about £15.

ps.   Mains 2.3110  Bigends 1.875 Endfloat 0.006   Bore 2.9380-2.9388

Richard_B wrote:

Hugh, Can I suggest you invest in a 2000/2.5 Saloon workshoip manual. It will have lot in relevant information regarding the engine & injection system.

Large A4 Blue paperback, usually goes for about £15.

ps.   Mains 2.3110  Bigends 1.875 Endfloat 0.006   Bore 2.9380-2.9388

Thanks Richard
I will buy one ASAP good idea mate :)

typical!  gave two of those away recently - the hard file bound ones too, not the paperbacks!  

I may have some spare hanyes manuals or equivalents at home, I'll have a look and see if the bearing data is included.

I picked up a set of .010" VP2 main and big end bearings from Chris Witor a few years ago. In fact now I come to think of it, that was in the days when you had to fax orders through as he didn't have email.

The project they were for never came to fruition, so they went on the shelf. Fortunately the 2.5 crank I bought earlier this year has been ground .010" undersize, so after years in the box they'll finally get put to good use.

Chris would be my first place to check if you want VP2s.

The new big end and main bearings I bought on ebay for £50 including postage arrived today so now just need an engine hoist and a helpful hand ;)(whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

Tim has given me a loan of an engine stand :)

royboy66 wrote:
Scotties up fri we going for a drink and talk about pulling your engine out then  ;)

Sounds good  few beers with a few good friends and  a chat about my engine also. ;D :)

• 4 weeks later...

I now have the loan of an engine stand from Tim ( Bestquality3) and this early this week Steve Cureton let me have a loan of his engine hoist/crane so I will start the strip down of parts off the engine :)

Archived