Uprated water pump for GT6 Mk2 engine?

Paudman

My water pump has developed a leak so I suppose it's due a change. Before I splash out on the usual "rusted-out-in-two-years" cast iron offerings, is anything uprated available? Weightsaving isn't a priority (although the Canley alloy ones are nice!) but the uprated impellor they have is very nice. Is anything available for a normal road-going Gt6 Mk2 engine that will improve flow (well it can't hurt any to have improved circulation) that fits as standard?

best bet is to find a nos one. I picked a spit 1500 one up at stafford for £15, which should fit a GT6 ok (but it is staying put on my garage shelf!) so keep those eyes peeled. In all honesty ally ones are probably just as likely to pack up as steel ones, the seals and bearings that are used today must be shocking.......
May be worth asking Dave if the ally ones are fittred with better stuff, you never know.

Also, regular use does seem to prolong their life. Maybe keeps the sealing surfaces cleaner?

there are 2 differing lengths of pump on 6 cylinder engines. I fitted a Gt6 one to mine last year and it reminded me I still have a vitesse engine fitted! It fitted ok but made the belt run at an angle and sqeak a little. 90% sure the gt6 pump was the longer of the 2 but can check if needed. Both the pumps brought have surface rust now at 1 year old but do work ok  county made brought from Moss locally for around 40. Would be nice to get a sensibly priced upgrade but I have not seen any

There are two types, 200 and 201 if I remember rightly. GT6 Mk1 was - I think - different to the Mk3 as the pulley on the later version sits further forward and I think the Mk2 takes the same pump as the Mk1. I know the one I've just removed is not drilled for the fan mounting, so that's at least one difference from the four pot version.

HOWEVER:: at THIS price I'll patch up the old one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QH-WATER-PUMP-RC487617P-TO-FIT-TRIUMPH-GT6-66-72-OE-QUALITY-/290775617538?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph%7CModel%3AGT6&hash=item43b393d002