replacement wheel studs (herald 13/60)

missmia

Can anyone tell me if wheel studs are universal or specific for my 13/60 herald? I've only had the car for a week and am a novice with mechanics but the previous owner informed me that the studs on the nearside rear need replacing! I can't seem to find any info regarding stud size on the net but need to sort it this week.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Replacement studs should be available from most triumph suppliers. Search on here and you will find a few threads detailing larger more modern studs which have been fitted as replacements.
Beware of tyre fitters using air tools to tighten the wheelnuts, most moderns use much higher torque settings and if the fitters are careless a sheared stud will result. I always insist they use a torque wrench to do them up right.

Thanks, good advice! I only know of Rimmer Bros for Triumph bits. Do you know of any suppliers near Bristol? I need to get them by saturday and if Royal Mail strike this week I have no chance. I did find some on ebay but again I have the postal problem! I have a 120 mile trip next week and after waiting 20 years for my dream car I don't want to take any chances!

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help.  :)
This is the first forum I have ever been on (I'm definately not computer literate) and I can see it is going to be one of my better moves. It's good to know there are Triumph lovers out there to turn to for help and advice. It makes the job of learning to fix up or repair the car myself seem a little more possible. Thanks again  :)

Yeah....got the wheel studs! Bill at Rarebits was lovely and very helpful but had none at present. Located them at Moss (15 mins from me). Cool!
Thank you all for helping and providing two real good contacts. One happy bunny here!

Archived