the shonkster

depends on the length of the studs, on mine the rears just  jiggled  in ,  fronts you have to remove the disc,
  some may need to give the head a small grind/file  to allow the stud head to clear the hub register diameter or you can pitch the stud.
   if you use closed wheel nuts make sure they are shorten to stop the nut bottoming out before ts clamped the wheel.

Pete

thescrapman wrote:

Took me a Morning, as you have to pull the rear hubs on a swing spring car.

If you don't want to take the rear hubs off, you can drill a 1" hole in the backplate using a holesaw. This lets you place each stud into its splined hole, one at a time, as you rotate the hub. You then pull the studs into place using a nut and a suitable spacer tube. Afterwards you fill the hole with a rubber blanking grommet.

hi there I have just replaced mine with 63mm studs, bought from mtech racing at tamworth. I just removed the bottom brake adjuster from my rear wheel and filed a small groove in the hole and the studs went in without a problem. I didn't have a hole saw to hand but that might be a quicker way of doing it. set a day aside to strip down clean grease and rebuild all the wheels with the new studs.

ive just put dolly sprint wheels on my herald 13/60 as I prefer them over minilites and mgf wheels, had to have some spacers machined to fit the hubcentric wheels to the hub of the herald circa 80 quid for 4,  

16 new 63mm m12x1.5 studa and 16 11/16x m12 sleevenuts from mtech racing at tamworth 60 quid delivered they also do 43mm studs etc easy paypal payment or phone orders taken only took 1 day for the parts to arrive

hope this helps cheers jon