Just Got My M12 Wheel Studs.....

Anthony

2402 wrote:
Gaz you have freelander studs in that photo????
If so where did you get the nuts from. They look quite short. Just what im after.
Chris.

Gt6s wrote:

These what you are looking for Chris ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16x-Shallow-Slimline-Open-Ended-Wheel-Nuts-M12-x-1-25-Nissan-Subaru-/280978993336?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item416ba730b8
Laurence

Chris....yes Freelander studs and second hand standard steel OEM Toyota chromed domed wheel nuts,  with the dome ground off, 21mm hex socket needed.
(off a Corolla i think...paid a tenner delivered off an ebay breaker)

The ones Laurence has quoted from ebay look like mine length wise but use a 19mm hex socket

Well spotted, missed that...

Heres the shallow M12x1.5 Chris... :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16x-Shallow-Slimline-Open-Ended-Wheel-Nuts-M12-x-1-5-Toyota-Mitsubishi-Honda-/280978994046?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item416ba7337e#ht_2561wt_1161

bobyspit wrote:
Gaz, where have you and Steve got those wheels from?

Glad to help Chris....!

Rob.......they are Weller steel wheels, AKA Formula Ford wheels...non-obtanium new any more (i think)? There was talk of a re-batch at Weller but they were no cheap at around 100 quid a rim when new. Occasionally turn up s/h on ebay now and then.

I dont have any left and sold mine for 10CR petrol money.. ;) and ste will prob need a crow bar to sell his, I got a job lot of all of em NOS from a small racing car co in Leeds who used MGF hubs on their race cars then changed to Ford hubs and had a load of wheels left over.

uksnatcher wrote:

Glad to help Chris....!

Rob.......they are Weller steel wheels, AKA Formula Ford wheels...non-obtanium new any more (i think)? There was talk of a re-batch at Weller but they were no cheap at around 100 quid a rim when new. Occasionally turn up s/h on ebay now and then.

I dont have any left and sold mine for 10CR petrol money.. ;) and ste will prob need a crow bar to sell his, I got a job lot of all of em NOS from a small racing car co in Leeds who used MGF hubs on their race cars then changed to Ford hubs and had a load of wheels left over.

I like em, if any more come up mate give me a shout please

Rob

Hmm, sprint nuts are different to "normal" in that they are sleeved and the seat is flat
one of these (halfway down) may be suitable...
http://www.graystonengineering.com/wheelnutmenu.htm
But you may have been better off getting 7/16 studs (early ford or probably from a sprint) as sprints came with teh 7/16studs as std (except the early ones) Then you could have easily sourced a set of sprint nuts.
Try the dolomite forum, may be worth a try at least.

I got my nuts for the Sprint wheels from Speed Shack, but they were shit. I believe there are two size holes on Sprint wheels, mine were 19mm. The shank of the nuts weren't all the same and their threads weren't true either. All 16 required being put up in a lathe to be corrected. They also started to show signs of rust quickly.

thescrapman wrote:
Wrong end of stick then i guess.

Mike said he had a set of steel wheels to collect from you at the 10cr meeting.

2+2 = 5 it seems..... :-/

AAahhhh..all is clear Colin....MrB has some MGF steels in my shed i am CT pony expressing for him... :)

uksnatcher wrote:
Well spotted, missed that...

Heres the shallow M12x1.5 Chris... :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16x-Shallow-Slimline-Open-Ended-Wheel-Nuts-M12-x-1-5-Toyota-Mitsubishi-Honda-/280978994046?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item416ba7337e#ht_2561wt_1161

Hi Gaz, they are a perfect fit.

Now I just need to get the car back!!! Ha Ha

Chris.