teabag tony

Hi all i hope someone can help. i have  a standard 10 i assume the wheels and specs are the same as the early heralds, not sure on this one. What i am looking for is the possibility of finding a similar  steel 13'' wheel that i can still fit my hubcaps to (i could always weld some tabs on if need be ), that has a negative offset approx 10 to 20mm.
My reason for this is i have fitted a 1850 dolomite axle which is approx 2' wider than my origional and running my 155x13 tyres causes them to rub. I suppose i could alter the wing but am trying to avoid this if possible.

Any ideas anyone please many thanks in advance  Tony

The offset on the FWD cars is prety substantial.
There is a lesser offset to the Dolomite & Toledo's wheels, they certainly narrow the track when fitted to a Herald. The Toledo used a push-fitted hubcap, but I don't know if the diameter is the same as the Herald and 8/10 hubcap. Certainly the direction I'd be investigating,

Cheers,
Bill.

cliftyhanger wrote:
Maybe try the TDC forum, but I "think" the FWD cars wheels sat a long way in? Not that common though.

Depends on where you look, I have about 20 1300FWD wheels in stock and for some reason I also have a set of herald hubcaps!
Herald hubcaps fit on dolomite wheels but not fWD wheels.

Right, if i have got my sums correct after measuring my standard wheels and some info i found the herald offset is 13mm, please correct me if im wrong. and with these fitted to my car they rub quite a bit on the rear wings.
Ive had a scan around for more info on the dolly or toledo offsets but no luck yet. I can safely step the wheels to a negative 25mm and maybe tweak another few mm if desperate. So if anyone has either of the above and could have a measure for me id be grateful.

all the best tony

535 wrote:
I can safely step the wheels to a negative 25mm and maybe tweak another few mm if desperate. So if anyone has either of the above and could have a measure for me id be grateful.

all the best tony

You can use the 5.5" Revolutions that are available at the moment - they're ET25.....  :P.  I think Dolomite/Toledo wheels will be what you need - FWD ones will probably be too much the other way.

Nick

Thanks for that nick, so if im right then using what you suggest i should have a good half inch clearance from the wing which would be perfect, i just need to try and locate one locally to try on the hub to confirm. i will only need a couple if this works possibly 3 just in case.Now i assume and i shouldnt that the alloy type would be the same just opens my options on trying to confirm.

many thanks all it is appreciated tony

Archived