Laser cut Triumph EDIS timing wheels

Andy Borris

Can you get your parents to send a cheque? I'd prefer that the money goes straight to Cancer Reseach, which is the reason for the cheques, just like to keep it all above board and open.

Last time I was involved in something like this, (not around Triumphs!) it got a bit messy :(.

Andy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonny_Jimbo1181843911 wrote:
Hmm. I don't have a cheque book. At least not in Suffolk. I might have one at my parents house I think. Would I be able to pay on paypal, and still send the envelope etc?

you could just stick a fiver between a couple of folded A4 sheets of paper.  I have done this several times and never had a problem.

Anyone else want one?  I have 5 left and will not be making another batch because i don't think we will get enough interest in another 25 wheels (this is the amount i can get from a sheet of steel) so this is your one and only chance!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Andy and Tim,
Have just come across this thread and your generous offer.
I am in Australia and would be interested in a trigger wheel if there are any left.  I am happy to make a larger donation due to overseas postage but drawing a cheque in Pounds only wastes money I would rather donate. Do you have another method of receiving/transfering money?
If it gets too messy I will understand.

Many thanks
Doug

Finally got around to fitting my trigger wheel, here are some pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyborris/ , I've put them into my Flicker account to save space.

All quite forward, apart from a slight rubbing on the timing case by one screw, not much more than a fag paper thickness had to be removed from the screws.

And the pulleys damage very easily! I was as gentle as I can be (alright, I am ham fisted thug!), but I still lost a chunk of pulley edge! Luckily, it hasn't stopped the fan belt working.

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion or hint on "how to remove pulleys without damage"!

Andy

339 wrote:
Anyone else want one?  I have 5 left and will not be making another batch because i don't think we will get enough interest in another 25 wheels (this is the amount i can get from a sheet of steel) so this is your one and only chance!!

Any left? Its pretty unlikely that I'll install megajolt for at least 2 years, but if its for charity...  :)

Archived