Laser cut Triumph EDIS timing wheels

Andy Borris

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trigger wheels are ready.

Hurrah!

A donation to Cancer Research of £5.00 pounds (you can always make a larger donation! ;)) for each wheel you have requested please.
Please send a cheque made payable to Cancer Research UK,  at the following address:

Cancer Research UK
74 Station Rd
Birchington-on-Sea,
Kent
CT7 9RA

At the same time send a postage paid self addressed envelope or packet to

Tim Ward (Trigger wheels)
Managing Director
FTP Systems LTD
Wilson-Barker House
Severn Road
Stourport on Severn
Worcestershire
DY13 9EZ

The packet must be large enough to hold a 200mm diameter x 2mm thick wheel (multiplied by how many wheels you have ordered).

Each wheel weighs about 400 grams. (at least, that's what the metal calculator on the web site said, I forgot to weigh it in my excitement to try it  :-/!

Don't forget to check the postage on your packet will cover the weight of multiple wheels.

Tim will pop your wheel(s) into the packet you supply and then into the post, this way we don't mess about with addresses, stamps and queuing in the Post Office and you get your wheels faster!

I'll add a suggested installation guide soon, hopefully it'll even make sense!

Andy

Andy,

My contribution on its way to Cancer Research and my packet to Tim Ward.
May I congratulate you and him on this excellent and generous scheme?!

Suggestion for Roger Hoogmans:  buy a UK five pound note from your bank, as if you were coming here on holiday, and post it to Cancer Research in an ordinary envelope, folded into a page of writing/printing paper .   It's impossible to tell a bank note from writing paper from outside the envelope unless you use X-rays, and in my experience this is a good, safe way of sending small amounts across the globe.  MUCH cheaper than PayPal!

John
PS Yes, I know, great holiday on £5, but you know what I mean!

Because that's what the EDIS system uses. If it were a MegaSquirt then you could use whatever you wanted.

I _think_ the 36 teeth also allows the ECU to detect slow down and speed up of the crank mid rotation.

It doesn't really make any difference how many teeth you use if that's what the ECU wants :)

Bosch use a 60-2 system :)

796 wrote:
Can any one explain why you need all thees Teeth,!!!

If I were running a 4 cyl, then I would only need 2
6 is 3, and 8 is 4 teeth

and it seem to work ok,

any mega wotsit guru,s out there, :)

Read this: http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm It explains everything, well not quite everything, but everything about EDIS!

After you've read it, please explain it to me!

Andy

jcarruthers wrote:
Essentially it's more accurate than 3 or 2 teeth because the EDIS knows the crank angle all the time?

Yes, but it's also because of the way the micoprocessor works.

And that's as much as I understand!

Something to do with the rate at which a 16 bit chip runs?????????

Andy

Archived