John Davis  1
Andy Brady  1
Richard B     2
Steve P       1
Mike!          1ish!
Ernie Turner 1
HarryTR5     1
Royboy66     1

I've added you to the list, please email andyborris@yahoo.com and when they're ready, I'll email instructions!

Please do not send any money yet!!!!!

Andy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

]The buyers so far list:

Andy Borris 1
Colin Wake 2
John Davis  1
Andy Brady  1
Richard B     2
Steve P       1
Mike!          1ish!
Ernie Turner 1
Royboy66     1
David Crabbe 1

I've added you to the list, please email andyborris@yahoo.com and when they're ready, I'll email instructions!

Andy

[/quote]

1529 wrote:
]The buyers so far list:

Andy Borris 1
Colin Wake 2
John Davis  1
Andy Brady  1
Richard B     2
Steve P       1
Mike!          1ish!
Ernie Turner 1
Royboy66     1
David Crabbe 1
vitessesteve  1
GTRoger      1

Andy

[/quote]

Update on the Edis timing wheels.

Tim Ward (bestquality03 ) on the Triumph Torque forum has kindly offered to produce these timing wheels for us at a much reduced price!

i.e. Free!

Well not quite, we're going to take a £5.00 donation to Cancer Research UK for each wheel.

The wheels are now punched rather then laser cut, but this won't affect the working of them.

When the wheels are ready, I'll ask everyone on the list to send me a cheque made payable to Cancer Research UK Birchington (my local shop) and a suitable pre paid self addressed envelope or packet for the return of your wheel.

I'll let you know weight and size for posting. I'll also post a suggested fitting guide.

I hope you'll understand why I'm doing it this way, I'm in middle of installing a EDIS and Megasquirt on my car, work and family keeps getting in the way and I don't want to waste more time downloading addresses, making labels and shopping for packets!

I'm sorry, but without either of the above, you won't get a wheel. No other form of payment will be accepted. Please don't send money directly to me, I'll spend it down the pub and you still won't get a wheel!

Andy

Something I forgot to mention before, there are two sizes of pulley. The one on my Mk1 engine was smaller than the one on my Mk2.

Another point of note, what grade of steel are these being made out of? I don't know what the original Ford items are made out of, but they do have issues at high RPM. The teeth start to unbend I believe.

If there is one going spare, I would like to put my name down. Cheers!

jcarruthers wrote:
Something I forgot to mention before, there are two sizes of pulley. The one on my Mk1 engine was smaller than the one on my Mk2.

Another point of note, what grade of steel are these being made out of? I don't know what the original Ford items are made out of, but they do have issues at high RPM. The teeth start to unbend I believe.

If there is one going spare, I would like to put my name down. Cheers!

Hi James

Sizes of wheel are from Andy Borris.

Steel grade is s275 pre-galvanised Z2 cold rolled flat sheet.  The tensional strength of the material is 200nmm per m2.  All i can say is lets try one and see how it goes.  I can make them from Z39 high tensile galv (390nmm per m2) if the Z2 isn't strong enough.

jcarruthers wrote:

I took the measurements from a MK2 pulley.

It's the centre bore of the balance weight which is the important diamension.

If the part of the pulley which the balance weight fits over is smaller, then they won't fit! The wheel is meant to fit between the pulley and the balance weight.

Will a MK2 pulley fit a MK1 crank? Or you can fit it in much the same way as any trigger wheel, making sure that it's central to the crank.

I'll try to get hold of a MK1 pulley and check.

Andy

jcarruthers wrote:
Andy- are we expected to self bend?

Yes James
A pair of mole grips is all thats needed.  It's only 2mm thick.  Are you a MAN OR A MOUSE!!  :P :).  It's very easy to bend.  I would do it on my press but then i would have to charge for it and i don't think anyone would be prepared for the cost!!!!

In order to remove a tooth just bend it backwards and forwards several times and it will snap off.  This can be done once the wheel is installed.

The buyers so far list:

Andy Borris 1
Colin Wake 2
John Davis  1
Andy Brady  1
Richard B     2
Steve P       1
Mike!          1ish!
Ernie Turner 1
Royboy66     1
David Crabbe 1
vitessesteve  1
GTRoger      1
James        2
timbancroft61 1
Colin (craj)   1
Ted Taylor   1
Mark Bland  1

I'll post and email instructions when the wheels are ready.

Can someone help Roger Hoogmans in the Netherlands please, he'd like a wheel, but is unable to provide a donation drawn on a UK bank, anyone who travels to the Netherlands like to buy one on his behalf?

Andy

Archived