Help with some wheels

Ja

Right, my dad brought some new wheels for his Vitesse. He wants to know what he needs to buy to get them on?

The wheels are '5 1/2J 13" cosmic wheels with 11mm inset' and hes written down the code RW108 aswell?

Hope this is enough info! Thanks.  :)

Bit more information, still hoping someone can help.

The wheels are orginally off a TR7

Picture:

Also my dad wants to know what the widest tyre is you can fit on the wheels without causing problems? He wants to put 205s on.

Thanks!

To get the correct wheelnuts you will need to look at a website such as
http://www.graystonengineering.com/wheelnutmenu.htm
Which lists all the wheelnuts available, then you can check and see what fits. You may need to also use wheel washers as 3/8" thread is a bit restrictive.
Clive
Oh, and Bills reight about the Tyre sizes, you need to check the offset against std, but I think 185 is about the limit in practical terms, and that depends heavily on offset.
Clive

Nice wheels. Heralds/Vitesses don't really have room for huge tyres.

185/60 might fit but are a bit wide for 5 1/2 wheels.  205s definitely won't go without some metalwork and are far too wide for the wheels.

Also, the suspension is not very well suited to wide tyres - too much camber change.  175/70 fit, are ok on 5.5 rims and won't cock up your speedo reading either.

Nick

My rally-ish Vitesse is on 185/60s on 5.5 rims, with no major issues, although the lip has been knocked back a little bit, so 205's will be far, far too large; more to the point they will ruin the handling and make the road noise even greater. No point in going silly with the tyre sizes; a decent small tyre will (probably) handle better than a crappy large tyre. Mine are Yokohama A539's, and have had some racing, Round Britain and a few track days; plus 8 months of daily hard use on them and are barely worn.

Archived