MGF wheels on a herald?

Clive

How about on a Herald Estate,   down under???!!!

I have a 1/4" spacer on one side and an 1/8" on the other at the back to clear the radius arms and they just sneak past the "unflaired" guards.
The tyres were on the wheels and apparently they give the same rolling circumference as original 155 80 13s! Pity that, as my son wanted the car lower!
Cheers
Doug

PLease say you're very good at photoshop! I mean, each to their own, but I have to say the back-window and roof spoiler combo are not my thing... but as it's your car, doesn't matter.

I'm a bit confused as to why you have difference sized spacers? Or do you mean different front and rear, rather than side to side?

Ok. "I am very good at Photoshop" ;)

But my imagination is better!

Down here there are probably only 30 Herald Estates in all of Australia. This 1971, 13/60 was rolled over before I got it, 25 years ago. Then, I just happened to have a 1964ish Courier that had windows already installed on the side panels. So I swapped the rooves.

Yes, I have different thicknesses of spacers on the rear wheels, only by 1/8" of an inch though. How accurate were these cars when made? It is possibly due to the rollover accident.

The rear spoiler IS an acquired taste I agree, but my 18 year old son (and I ) have "tasted" and have found it good. We were trying to get a fibreglass "racing style" front spoiler from a chap in New Zealand but he crashed his friends V8 Herald Coupe and has disappeared. (possibly sleeping with the fishes!!)

Cheers
Doug

I am still quite partial to the TR7 mags. They fitted perfectly with plenty of clearance and no spacers. The only small problem was getting wheel nuts to suit the mags rather than steel wheels.

Love the colour scheme SLIMBOYFAT, and of course the WHEELS!
Cheers
Doug

Right, well, if it was a roll-over accident then I congratulate you on bringing a car back from the dead side of the crusher.

I know a few people that have madly modified their cars, and people complain, but the majority of them bought cars that otherwise would have been crushed.

Mind you, is it possible that I'm jelous of the rear-spoiler? I dunno... Someone wanted me to put a Subaru Impreza WRX P1 Kamakazi Special spoiler on the Vitesse... I'm not convinced myself.

Archived