Standard wheels ET Offset

davidbradley

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this?
I have ?dunlop alloys and I don't think the offset is right. After a wander round a car show on Sunday with some feeling of other peoples wheel arches I don't have as much clearance between tyre and arch as people with steel wheels.
Would like to set my mind at rest

06228 wrote:
Can anyone help with this?
I have ?dunlop alloys and I don't think the offset is right. After a wander round a car show on Sunday with some feeling of other peoples wheel arches I don't have as much clearance between tyre and arch as people with steel wheels.
Would like to set my mind at rest

Don't you have TR7 alloys Bob?  Are they 5.5" or 6" wide?  My alloys are 6" and have an ET of 13, which is just about perfect, just missing everything on 175/70 tyres (except the sometimes the bulkhead when reversing and using lots of lock).  I have a roto rear end even though the cars looks like a Mk1.

Sorry this doesn't answer the original question - never owned standard Vitesse wheels!

Nick

G.in_Belgium wrote:
0.5" (13mm) on a 3.5" wheel...

4.5" steel wheels are 0.88" (22mm) offset. It seems unlikely that 3.5" wheels would be only 0.5"?
There are several websites that say the 4.5" steels are 0.5" offset but you've only got to read what's stamped on the rim to know they are wrong!

Archived