Herald 13/60 Steel wheels

WRS1360

herald948 wrote:
Technically, I don't think any Herald was ever painted in Spa White except, perhaps, by special order.  :)

I'd go along with that.

Beware of Heritage certificates though, there have been instances of Spa White noted on the certificates. It's an error though, probably down to a misinterpretation of shorthand S/White, actually meaning Sebring White.

I've also sen Leaf Green (Lichfield) and Midnight Blue (Monaco), which I think is more than circumstantial evidence!

Cheers,
Bill.

herald948 wrote:
Technically, I don't think any Herald was ever painted in Spa White except, perhaps, by special order.  :)

Mine was! When I first got the car I tried Triumph White and Sebring White and neither was close, then I got the Heritage certificate and bought some Spa White and it matches perfectly!

Keith

Keith wrote:
then I got the Heritage certificate and bought some Spa White and it matches perfectly!

You must be the exception that proves the rule! What year is yours?

In my cases, the Leaf Green and Midnight Blue were easy to spot as they were non-existant colours in the Tirumph range! Spa White had me confused and I had to sand down through several layers of paint before finding the original Sebring White,

Cheers,
Bill.

Archived