Try these - www.bandedsteels.com - good feedback on the VW T4 forums and Ford sites. They will make any size you want, but seeing as the dish usually goes outward the Herald arches are somewhat restrictive and that could be your limiting factor. On the other hand , the genuine article 5.5J Dunlops look beautiful but can be costly and often the rims are bent.

HTH,

Steve.

I believe that 6.5" with 175 tyres is as wide as you'll get under standard arches.
The normal is to band the front to increase 'dish' but I'm done some reverse banded wheels before to increase tyre size whilst staying inside the original arches for a Rover P6

I personally have 8" on the rear of my Vitesse, but had to 'lose' the rear arches completely!

If you're interetsed, I've done many sets now, and can supply photos of previous jobs. I'm also a fair bit cheaper than ^^that lot^^ up there  ;)

(I am actually an engineer by trade with full workshop/machining facilities)

5999 wrote:
I believe that 6.5" with 175 tyres is as wide as you'll get under standard arches.
The normal is to band the front to increase 'dish' but I'm done some reverse banded wheels before to increase tyre size whilst staying inside the original arches for a Rover P6

I personally have 8" on the rear of my Vitesse, but had to 'lose' the rear arches completely!

If you're interetsed, I've done many sets now, and can supply photos of previous jobs. I'm also a fair bit cheaper than ^^that lot^^ up there  ;)

(I am actually an engineer by trade with full workshop/machining facilities)

you could have offered to do mine ! :) , i had mine done by said company and was very pleased would recamend them