5-1/2" early Dunlop wheels

Richard B

Now that I have got everyones attention  ;D

Jessica has now got a set of five 5-1/2 x 13J Dunlop steel wheels for her Herald Coupé, thank you William & Adam.   ;D

She is going to have them powder coated and the question is what colour. I've put grey as well as silver as some of the Ford wheel I have seen (remanufactured) look like a darker grey than the normal silver.

Has anybody go some photos of white/cream 5-1/2's

Having gone through similar deliberations myself, I concluded that white was the way forwards for me.

Your final decision may depend on the colour of the rest of the car, but if it's dark blue as I recall then it would be white all the way for me!

With Davemate's car being wedgewood, I thought his wheel were silver?

I would never go silver on the Spit, the whites have always suited it. Even more so with the white hard top!

I had a bigger dilemma with the GT though, with the colour of the car being white, I thought intially that the white wheels were too much. However having experimented as per the pics, I decided I wasn't a big fan of the look with silver. I think the way forward will be a creamier white than the body!

4058 wrote:

No I agree they won't work on that one, best to sell them to me!  ;)

Davemate's car looks really good, like it's been used and abused.
Peter crow's is my all time favourite 5 1/2 clad car!

I also have a vitesse convertible and mk1 gt6 so if not on my mk3 spitfire because of colour they will go one one of the other cars ;D