DO YOU RECOGNISE THESE WHEELS

drf

They will almost certainly fit a TR4 as the stud pattern is the same.  it does depend on the offset though.

What diameter are they - would expect 15" for a 4.

4's, 4a's etc. never had minilite style wheels as standard (afaik) - either steels or wires from the factory.  Maybe a "period accessory" ?  Not seen centre caps like that before. Do they look the same period as the wheels or "extra"?

I guess there are no id marks or maker's names on them?

Are you looking to sell?  

Rgds

Mike

MikeyB wrote:
Are you looking to sell?

That's his first post Mike - you haven't even said "Welcome to the Forum" yet!

Forgive the rudeness, DRF - Welcome to the Forum.
Nice people here, and quite knowledgable, some, although spotting the different models of GT6 can be tough.

Those look like nice wheels. Would you like to sell them?  ;)

Thanks for the welcome and the responses.

They are 15 inch wheels and they have 7 or 8 inch rims. (205 tyres)  The centres are definetly after market and in poor condition. I forgot to mention. I was given an article when I bought the car. The article was from a classic car magazine from the 1980s which indicate they are American Racing wheels but I am not sure and don't know how to find out. This article also indicates TR3s and 4as came with these lightweight wheels for competition purposes. They look very similar but I don't know if they are the same.
I have had a go at attaching the article I don't know if people will be able to read it

p.s I am changing them from the MGB so I will sell them when I know what I am selling.

Thx

I have not had a chance to remove a tyre to see if they are marked. That is a very good idea.

I will have a go this weekend if I get the chance.

I have had a quick look on the internet on the panamera idea and just return porsche stuff.

Is there anything else you know on the panamera idea ?

Does anybody have a copy of the Triumph Competition Preparation manual by Kastner

Thx