2 pairs of wheels!

AGC

Hi all

Just had my old tyres stripped off my steel wheels ready for blasting and powder-coating and have noticed that 2 wheels are 13 3.5's and 2 wheels are 13 4.5's!!.... Will these be ok if I fit the 4.5 pair to rear and 3.5 pair to front?

3106 wrote:

My mate at work is looking for 155's for his Elan and can't find them.  Do you have a source?

No problem finding them. I have been able to get them from local tyre fitter. They are Michelin EB3's. Ive been quoted anything from £50-65 fitted

9555 wrote:
Mk3 Spit. Originally 3.5's... fitting 155/80's....
What year is the car? At least in North America, the 1970 model year Mk3 got the 4.5" "solid" wheels (as per GT6 or most Herald Estates). Of course, lots of folks seem to like to fit MkIV or 1500 wheels, which were usually 4.5" as well, save for the last cars, which had 5.0" wheels.

herald948 wrote:
What year is the car? At least in North America, the 1970 model year Mk3 got the 4.5" "solid" wheels (as per GT6 or most Herald Estates). Of course, lots of folks seem to like to fit MkIV or 1500 wheels, which were usually 4.5" as well, save for the last cars, which had 5.0" wheels.

Its a late 1970 and 3.5's were fitted to UK Mk3's of that year