Balancing wire wheels NW London

GT6 Jonesy

Anyone had their wires balanced with good results anywhere in London ? I live in harrow and just got a new set of boots for the GT6. After ringing around and visiting some of my local tyre fitters and asking "can you fit and balance knock off wire wheels" I have had responses like "I don't know what they are mate bring em in and I'll take a look", " knock off wheels, does that mean there fake?", and my personal favourite " you don't need to balance wire wheels mate as old cars don't tend to go fast enough". Some people eh !

Depends where in NW London and how far you are happy to travel but I've heard good things of these guys...

http://www.mwsint.com/site/cms/contentChapterView.asp?chapter=1

I'm even tempted to travel there myself as I'm having no luck finding anyone who'll touch wires in my neck of the woods either.

GT6DavidMK1 wrote:
Hi,

You need to find a tyre fitting bay, who still use a bubble balancer  ;) Very good for wire wheels, we have several customer who bring wire wheels in for balancing ;D

David.

David, I might pay you a visit to get my new tube fitted and wheel balanced. Not round the corner but not that far and a good excuse for a drive out  :)

Hello David,

"who still use a bubble balancer "

While it is better than nothing it is a static, not dynamic balancer.  Reasonable when wheels were narrow but as the width increases they are less accurate than having a dynamic balance done.

Alec