What wheels fit?

AngryBaldMan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the seller has plenty of stock so worth asking for a price on a set for a Spitfire. Ask also if you need wheel nuts and centre caps to match as sometimes the cheaper deals don't include either of these and if you're changing from standard wheel to alloys, you'll need them :-)

16" mgf chrome bolt on wires, 215/40, hard springs with height adjusted for a big gap  (so they don't actually bounce up as far as the front arches), rotoflex rear suspension which means 1/2"(?) narrower rear track (allows the rear wheels under the arches), and give it as much 'help' as poss as mentioned above roll arches etc. BEST wheels I ever had! (still have them but wires went slightly off-true, may end up as furniture!)

MGF/TF do alloy 16" that look good, I had a set on the spit, but now they're on my MGF and 15" MGF's are now on my spit which complement the round tail quite well, (the soft multi spokes like on the Gaz's 'meatball' above, first pic)

I did manage to get hold of 17" mgf wheels, but that was a stretch too far!, and fouled the bulk head (maybe an offset issue?) but they went back on ebay (shame really as I now have an mgf as well!)

The Rover Metro (Rover 100 - got one of these as well  8)) steel wheels fit on the front, have an off set that tuck them in a lot, used them on an auto solo, don't think they fit on the back (on rotoflex), and definitely don't fit on a spit with MGF rear conversion. Rover 100 had an alloy wheel option but only 13"

Hi there these would fit plus you have everything here you would need to fit them. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-4-Triumph-Spitfire-Minilight-Alloy-wheels-/390369572598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae3d6f6f6#ht_1036wt_1048

Cheers
Hugh

Vinnyfastcar wrote:
15" MGF's are now on my spit which complement the round tail quite well, (the soft multi spokes like on the Gaz's 'meatball' above, first pic)

Great pics of the wires, slots and 16" MGF, each change the look of your car..... do you have a pic of the 15" 5 spokes fitted, love to see it?

Hi, no pic of the blinged banana with the 15" 6 spoke's as only recently put them on, but must say that dynamically they drive better than the 16" wheels as there's more cushion in the higher walls, much firmer with the shorter walls of the 16's.

Having said that, I'd do 16's just for the look!

the 16's are on my MGF for technical reasons, they have Good Year gsd2 tyres on them, with the 'V' pattern tread.

When they were tried on the spitfire (well before I got my MGF) the car would 'wander' over 60mph, turned out this was wholly due to the 'V' tread pattern! :-/, so got some cheap 15" square 6 spokes for the spit that were great!

These wore down by which time I got the MGF which came with good tyres on 15" round 6 spoke alloys, so to avoid the cost of new tyres I put the 15" round 6 spoke's onto the spitfire from the newly aquired MGF and put the 16" MGF wheels (with 'V' pattern) from storage onto the MGF! (now leaving the 15" square spoke wheels with two worn tyres on in storage) - Everyone's a winner!

Archived