Just scored some 5" wheels on E-bay US

sbarc

Got them for my 73 GT6......not the original size, but I want to run slightly wider tires for safety sake.  Nice wheels, no rust for $139 for 4.

I also have some 4.5 rims if I don't like the 5" rims, but I suspect I'll like the look of the 5" rims more.

One more piece for the GT6 puzzle.   8)

Apparently four 5" rims weights 62lbs.....so the 5.5" will be a bit more.

Fed Ex wants $283 to air freight the four 5.5" rims from London to the West coast of Canada.  THey won't ship anything by freight shipping if it is under 150lbs.

Royal mail will send them for a price of $560 for 26 day delivery to $750 for 2 day air shipment.

There must be a cheaper way.

Only if you happen to know someone who is already getting something large (ie a whole car, or a shipping container) who would be willing to carry the rims for you, but it would equal a lot of hassle for them.

I'd be suprised if you can better the $280 price.

Id sooner pay for flights and put them through as extra luggage! There is five of them, and i do plan to replace them soon, well next 6 months at least! I have been given some other wheels by an old boy near me and i just need to see if they are the original ones - thats the only reason why im getting rid of them - they arent "proper" for my car!

Archived