TR4 wheels on 2000MKI

popeye

Hi there,
Does someone has a 2000MKI with TR3/4 wheels ?

The period rally cars used them. My car is none running and is not a rally replica but I ilke the TR4 wheels with the chrome caps and chrome rings.

Are they smply bolt on? I think they are "15. Mine are "13 wire: so I guess the speedo will need recalibrate and new tyre size should  be needed.

Many thanks your advise,

cheers

1526 wrote:

No he has not.  I was going to buy some off him for my Mk1 saloon and he changed his mind  :-/.

That's because your email saying 'I hope nobody bids on them so I can do a deal' prompted me to keep them Ted. I'd rather run them as winter tyres than give them away for pennies.

Scrapman is correct that i am not currently a CT member, so therefore my blog doesn't show on here but it's still there at
triumphwaffle.blogspot.com
not fully up to date as i've been busy toing and froing from hospitals...not injured myself this time

3020 wrote:
Scrapman is correct that i am not currently a CT member, so therefore my blog doesn't show on here but it's still there at
triumphwaffle.blogspot.com
not fully up to date as i've been busy toing and froing from hospitals...not injured myself this time

You Foremans do seem to be particularly injury prone. Hopefully the latest victim is made of as sterner stuff as yourself.

Now about that lapsed membership Doug... Tut Tut. (naughty)(naughty)(naughty)

391 wrote:

That's because your email saying 'I hope nobody bids on them so I can do a deal' prompted me to keep them Ted. I'd rather run them as winter tyres than give them away for pennies.

Who said I was only going to pay pennies?  Wanted to try to see if I could negotiate negotiate a deal that satisfied you and me, and the 'hope nobody bids' was tongue in cheek.

lots of people in the Club are running Mk1 & 2 saloons with TR 15" steels, mostly TR6.

They look good!

I'm not so sure that fitting the chrome hubcaps and rings to a saloon will look ok though.  The period rally look is steels with no embeliishment!

Have a look through the club photos section.

Here is a picture of Gertie (now owned by Radders) on the 2006 RBRR, a few months after we saved her from the crusher!

http://club.triumph.org.uk/cgi-bin/album/album.pl?photo=rbrr/rbr2006/PA080219small.JPG