A set of new wheels for the 2500TC

woftam66

Helllo all from the glorious Central Coast of NSW (Aus!) just fitted a set of new (eBay buy) period Cheviot 14" alloy wheels, 185 / 65 / 14 Directional Tyres together with a set of King Springs and Koni's (front and rear) on the 2500TC and boy what a transformation! I originally tracked down a set of Globe's almost identical to the standard 2500S wheels but I just think the "Hotwires" set it off a little nicer and hide the brakes more... what do you think?
Since I last posted we ran the car in the Jaguar Car Club mountain rally and we finished a credible 26th out of 54 entrants and given we were without doubt the "cheapest" and "newest" (as in most recently purchased) entrant amidst E-types; XK's; S-types; Mustangs; Merc's as well as moderns was very pleased and had a fabulous times to boot!
Off to the Hunter Valley Gardnes this Sunday for the Glendale to Hunter Classic Car Run!
Best wishes to all...  :) :)

Hey Big T .... given the PCD of 114.3 x 4 there is a ready supply of Globe; Cheviot and Speedy wheels all very popular after market fittment in the 70's for rear wheel drive Toyota's; Datsun's and many others in Aus. So if you are patient and observent you will find a nice set sooner or later. I bought the set of 4 x Globes (similar to 2500s) for $38.00 (useless tyres fitted) on eBay and whilst that was cheap they needed about a full day of patient cleaning and one still has overspray on it from a rough paint job at some point) Whilst the ones fitted were a little more expensive ($80.00 for all four) they are in much cleaner condition (only needed a wipe and a set of wheel nuts) and had 2 Firestone tyres that had +75% tread (now used for spares) ... its a very small cost for such a nice outcome.... hence why we all at some point swap the 13" steel wheels for something like this. If only postage costs to the UK (and back) were more reasonable.....!   ;) ;)

Hello PDU.... EXACTLY like those.. except mine are painted white instead of gold ... the paint looks original or professionally done it's certainly a factory finish.... I chose the Cheviot Hotwires rather than there because of the large centre bore and the cost of caps to "fill the hole" together with the cost of the tapered wheel nuts.....if I come accross a set of nuts and centre caps "cheap" then I'll sell the set off complete... until then one makes a good spare and the others sit in the shed.....  :P

Hi Cammy.. I noticed your list of cars.. we must be similarly afflicted... We have 3 GS's... (Series 1; Series 2 and Series 2 X3) as well as a BX TRi and BX TZi in the fleet... my wife drives a Pug 306 Cabriolet 2.0 16V in summer and a Laguna Mk II V6 when it rains.... I still love nothing more than a liesurely Sunday drive in a well sorted 2500...!

5908 wrote:
Hi Cammy.. I noticed your list of cars.. we must be similarly afflicted... We have 3 GS's... (Series 1; Series 2 and Series 2 X3) as well as a BX TRi and BX TZi in the fleet... my wife drives a Pug 306 Cabriolet 2.0 16V in summer and a Laguna Mk II V6 when it rains.... I still love nothing more than a liesurely Sunday drive in a well sorted 2500...!

Had to sell my 16v when came to the UK :'( Loved that car. Seriously keen on a DS.

1379 wrote:
Like these woftam66 ?  I paid almost as much for the special wheel nuts required to suit these fitted on one of my Mk 1s.       (think)

Interesting, my PI Mk1 came with a set of globe mags and, of course nuts and all and I ended up giving them away to somone who wanted to put them on an Austin 1800 as I thought they were pretty worthless.... (whistle)

Anyhow a friend just bought this 1970 Mk2 PI, complete with stylish wheels that I don't dislike too much

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/87417483@N08/8092483154/"></a>

5908 wrote:
Its a CX GTI or Turbo for me... scarce as rocking horse poo at any price... ! But I do have my eye on a nice Dolli Sprint....  :) :) :)
If only I had the space, storage and funds to match my gluttony!!!  8)

CX turbo 2 definitely. A really nice example at the national Citroen rally in NZ when I was there.

Ridgetone Triumph had a really nice set of wheels on his race car