sexysi

Need to get two new front tyres for my 7, before thr RBRR. I am running MGF minilite 15" alloys on the 7 and wondered what tyres should i get. I want good wet/ dry grip not to bothered about loads of life, the car only does 4-5k a year. Any suggestions. Don't want to pay over £75.00 per tyre inc fitting. Do some auto tests etc so need good grip.
sexysi

jcarruthers wrote:
The Proxies on the Passat replaced the awful Dunlop SP that my Dad insisted on using as they were standard. As good in the dry as they were in the wet...

Lol, yet again we disagree!!  I tried Toyos on the Passat and they were so awful that I thought there was something wrong with the suspension alignment, really bad tramlining, it was unsafe to drive.  I had it checked out twice but all was fine.  Back to the OE Dunlops all was perfect!

Toyo Proxies on the Vitesse were very good, sticky but lasted. They did replace somne truly aweful (but spectacular) ditchfinder specials that the car came with. The PI also now sits on Proxies but I've yet to really boot it :-) As far as tyres go they are a good compromise between sticky and lasting.

YMMV

Whichever brand you go for, try http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ for prices. The price is all incl, even fitted (at a local tyre centre). I saved over £80 per tyre on my daily car with this site, and they were fitted at the same place that gave me the dearest quote - superb.

Neil

Archived