Spider

Hi folks,
I am trying to verify the mileage of the MK1 2000 I have just bought and think that the tyres may be a good indicator as the look like they may be original factory fitted ones. I am sure there is someone who knows.
Mine are Dunlop D75 6.40/6.50 S 13 crossplys with around 6/7 mm of tread left.
I am trying to verify if the 16500 miles is genuine. I would like to ask also if anyone knows any history of the car, I have heard one or two conflicting rumours but nothing for definite as yet.  If it is genuine then it may get a more sympathetic restoration as there can not be that many low mileage examples left.
Where would be the best places to enquire about it's history?
Many thanks for your help
Spider.

I have heard the rumours as well Spider but it does look a genuine low mileage car to me, my gunmetal mk1 was in similar condition before i refurbished it and that has 32,000 miles on it, i know mine is genuine as i got it off the original owner, Btw mine had original dunlops on it but the second set  ;) surely the bloke you bought it off knows a relative of the owner if thats who he got it off, the paperwork might still be out there somewhere, anyone who knows me would know i`d be knockin on doors before the trail goes cold, get down to the original owners address on the log book for a start  ;)

Hi Fuzzy,
as you know I am not that bothered by originality but if it is a genuine low mileage example I MAY be persuaded to do a part exchange deal for a less original example, as long as it has a shell as solid as this one and the deal was beneficial to me.
If it is not genuine then I can modify it without my conscience bothering me or others who might take offence at me ruining an original car.   :-/

Fuzzy_Harris wrote:
I have heard the rumours as well Spider but it does look a genuine low mileage car to me, my gunmetal mk1 was in similar condition before i refurbished it and that has 32,000 miles on it, i know mine is genuine as i got it off the original owner, Btw mine had original dunlops on it but the second set  ;) surely the bloke you bought it off knows a relative of the owner if thats who he got it off, the paperwork might still be out there somewhere, anyone who knows me would know i`d be knockin on doors before the trail goes cold, get down to the original owners address on the log book for a start  ;)

Well come help me find this local low mileage 64 car