Tom2000

Cheers Ferny, Am I right in thinking I will also need a spacer for each wheel and 7/16" UNF nuts?

I've researched some figures for the original sprint alloys, unsure if they are correct got them off sportssix.info:

Quote:
Backspace / Offset: 118mm / 35mm

What size spacers will I require if at all I do?

Sprints did have 3/8 (early) and 7/16(later) wheelnuts. If you dont want to change studs then use the 3/8 ones. But the 7/16 are stronger especially if you are using a thick spacer. The ford studs should fit, easily available in 7/16, as are TR ones.
Spacer thickness, fit and see if you can mock up spacers to work out what you need. hardboard is 3mm thick, easy to cut so may be ideal.
Clive

I've ordered some shiney 7/16" UNF nuts, current offset is +22mm and i'm going to be putting on +35mm so the difference (+13mm) is needed in spacers? Except I can't find any pre-made that will fit the triumph 95.25mm pcd, using hardboard does not sound like a safe option.

13mm spacer?  ??)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=spacer+ring&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&x=0&y=0

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=wheel+spacer

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=wheel+spacer&osCsid=jstj121v19u5e1hmojpft1ab05

sorry, you misunderstood waht I meant. I assumed you wanted a spacer to clear any issues, and the idea you could use hardboard as a mock-up to determine exactly what you need, it may well be less than 13mm. And you may not need them at th erear at all (best avoided if possible)
HJave you got the 7/16 studs already?
clive

sparky_spit wrote:

I think Clive was referring to using hardboard to make some mockups first, to check for clearance, not as a permanent spacer. Or am I being a bit thick and your reply was a joke? ;)

Yes I was kidding lol

Willows, good plan should have thought about that anyway! Wilcos ;D

Tom2000, our MkIV Spit was fitted with Sprint alloys by the previous owner. You're welcome to take a look at the set up if ever you're in the North Hampshire area. It's got what look like home made spacers, discs of 3 - 4mm plate cut to the same size as the hub with holes for the studs. Quite a nice job actually. 175/70 tyres.

Not the best wheel/tyre mod apparently but we're pretty pleased with the 'feel' of ours.

32valves wrote:
Tom2000, our MkIV Spit was fitted with Sprint alloys by the previous owner. You're welcome to take a look at the set up if ever you're in the North Hampshire area. It's got what look like home made spacers, discs of 3 - 4mm plate cut to the same size as the hub with holes for the studs. Quite a nice job actually. 175/70 tyres.

Not the best wheel/tyre mod apparently but we're pretty pleased with the 'feel' of ours.

Thanks i'll let you know, i'll be back in that area in January, just got to go and put some clear coat on the wheels :D hehe

Archived