Leaf spring question

bond

Hi all,    need a new LEAF SPRING FOR THE gt6. Has anyone got one  going spare?   Oh, the question, , , ,can i use one off a spitfire? are they the same?  If they are, has anyone got one going spare?  A vittesse, is that the same    Or where s the best place to get one       Thanks  Dave   :)

What year is it !!!

if it swing spring, then ..no.. as they are different, ,  you can use it, but it is tooooo soft, and will lower your ride hight

but I think you got rotos on !!!, so,

Vit, is a lot stiffer, as it has more leafs, cos of more passengers to carry,   could take some leaves oot though, to end up with the same as the GT

But what year !!

regards Marcus

Mr  Dave Bond  OO7, you got a few options,

1,  tried canlys, totally triumph, Moss, ect !!

2, get your old spring re tempered

3, put on a late gt 6 swing spring,  [ not a spitty one, diffrent ]

4, put another leaf, inbetween the bottom 2 leafs, on the swing spring, to make it ..very little.. swing, or non at all, will end up really taught , this one will,.

5, get a vit spring and take some leafs oot, need to test to get the hight right ,and the spring rate,
best compare to your own, if you got one still!!

Wots up with your own spring !!

Regards marcus

Its part number 308499 if it helps (it will certainly help your preferred supplier to correctly identify it). It's unique to the rotoflex GT6 and not interchangeable with any other from the range. Expect to pay just over 100 notes for it including the VAT.

796 wrote:
3, put on a late gt 6 swing spring

Not on a rotoflex car!
Quote:
4, put another leaf, inbetween the bottom 2 leafs, on the swing spring, to make it ..very little.. swing, or non at all, will end up really taught , this one will,.

I've heard this idea before but how do you clamp the bottom leaf, spacers between the 'box' & the plate perhaps?

Charlie, like this, , simple really,

yip, on a roto, as well, this idea really has stiffenend it up  alot,

not the best pic, but yoou can see the leaf,   [the thin one, of a spitty [   inbetween the two thick ones, which are standard gt,

as i said before the spitty one, is diff from the gt one, the bottom leaves are thinner, but the top ones are the same, dont no aboot the spring rate though

regards marcus

[img]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh369/marcusaurailius/extraleafinrearspring2ndonup.jpg[/img]

Archived