Have I broken my rear leaf spring

hyperhale

I pulled into a lay by on a fast A road at the weekend approaching it faster than I had planned and  hit a couple of large ruts in the unmade road.

I now have an issue with a major negative camber thst appears equal on both rear wheels.

Would this be a sign of a broken leaf spring, had a look but visually I cant see any damage

Also now have a rhythmic noise that I assume is from the uj's now sitting at a moe acute angle to the wheels

Here is a pic of the rear offside wheel...

Dependant on how long the rear end has been un maintained
If the spring is OK you may have `jammed` the trunnions in the bearing housing into a position of no return
So it may be prudent to lift the car and release the trunnion bolts(if they will) and retighten when in the correct postion
Imagine being on a push bike  and you fall off and twist the handlebars off centre, and you are then in a situation of twisting the bars back central, unless you undo the handlebar extension to allow twisting it back its stuck firm.
Same scenario by releasing the trunnion bolt and lifting up to recentralise  

This is now where you come back and say ...the trunnion bolts are seized ,how do I get them out

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Go-faster-'stance'?

Can you post the picture the right way round, I'm finding it hard to assess the level of camber on that as the photo is upside down.

Apologies all, image appears correct on my tablet but now on a laptop as you say upside down.

Here it is...

Quoted from Velocita Rosso
Dependant on how long the rear end has been un maintained
If the spring is OK you may have `jammed` the trunnions in the bearing housing into a position of no return
So it may be prudent to lift the car and release the trunnion bolts(if they will) and retighten when in the correct postion
Imagine being on a push bike  and you fall off and twist the handlebars off centre, and you are then in a situation of twisting the bars back central, unless you undo the handlebar extension to allow twisting it back its stuck firm.
Same scenario by releasing the trunnion bolt and lifting up to recentralise  

This is now where you come back and say ...the trunnion bolts are seized ,how do I get them out

You were spot on with the trunnions, the near side was fine and apoears to have had a new bolt fitted by the previous owner however the off side was completely jammed.

Nothing would shift the bolt and I ended up removing the hub and driveshaft from the car and carefully cut the bolt either side of the trunnion to remove it and then managed to remove the bolt remains and metal sleeve.

The sleeve is completely fused to the bolt.

Just waiting for rimmers to deliver a trunnion overhaul set and new bolt and nut.