Hugh

After my cv conversion my current wheels offset means the inside rim rubs on my rear damper dust shield.  :'(

After a bit of trial and error I found that a 10mm wheel spacers will sort the rubbing out. I have  bought some 3/8 unf longer wheel bolts to allow for  the 10mm spacers.

Now can anyone tell me is there an off the shelf 3/8 unf wheel stud that will do the job.
Or can someone tell me what is the spline fitting diameter and number of splines on the standard GT6 wheel stud.

Thanks Hugh

Not sure if mini studs are the same, they will be available.
I suspect Jigsaw may sell longer studs too, I am sure he or one of the others keeps them.

But I am surprised you haven't taken the opportunity to upgrade to 12mm studs, easier to find and a little stronger :)

cliftyhanger wrote:
But I am surprised you haven't taken the opportunity to upgrade to 12mm studs, easier to find and a little stronger :)

I seem to recall that Hugh, like all the real men out there, runs slot mags. They often take a bit of a strange nut so it could be because of that that he'd not fitted bigger studs?

willcolumbine wrote:

I seem to recall that Hugh, like all the real men out there, runs slot mags. They often take a bit of a strange nut so it could be because of that that he'd not fitted bigger studs?

Spot on Will  ;) they are original 70's Wolfrace ones and two of them I have on the back wheels have sleeves that fit into the wheel and a thin shanked nut go through the sleeve. The two at the front ones do not need the sleeves they just have a bigger dia nut with a washer.
I think that it could be they were never an original 4 set of wheels but 2 wheels from one set and 2 from another set, but they are identical Wolfrace wheel i.e. off set and width.

Cheers Hugh

cliftyhanger wrote:
I suspect Jigsaw may sell longer studs too,

Mini studs use a 7/16 splined shank we need 1/2 inch and yes Jigsaw sell longer studs.

Gt6s wrote:

Mini studs use a 7/16 splined shank we need 1/2 inch and yes Jigsaw sell longer studs.

I have a supplier who I am getting 10mm wheel spacers and 8 wheel studs of 3/8 unf thread and the correct length to match my wheel and wheel spacer but they have asked me for the spline fitting diameter that fits into the hub and holds it in place.
This I do not know :-/

I know other places sell this wheel studs but I want to do an all in price and supply from this chap. Can anyone give me the answer please :)

908 wrote:

but they have asked me for the spline fitting diameter that fits into the hub and holds it in place.
This I do not know :-/

Can anyone give me the answer please :)

GT6s just did mate  ;)

I just measured a 3/8 wheel stud I have in garage, and its 1/2" across the splines :)
(well 12.6mm with the verniers, but its near enough  ;) )

8)

Hugh,  the Vitesse one I have sitting here on my desk is 13.5mm accross the splines, 12.2mm on the smooth bit adjacent to the splines.

I suspect that this is to ensure a tight fit in a 1/2" (13mm) hole.

Unlike some, I had to hit these pretty hard to get them to come out!

Cheers

Mikey

MikeyB wrote:
Hugh,  the Vitesse one I have sitting here on my desk is 13.5mm accross the splines, 12.2mm on the smooth bit adjacent to the splines.

I suspect that this is to ensure a tight fit in a 1/2" (13mm) hole.

Unlike some, I had to hit these pretty hard to get them to come out!

Cheers

Mikey
Thanks Mikey are they 3/8 and where did you get them.

Cheers Hugh

MikeyB wrote:
3/8unf, they are originals taken from a car a broke a few years ago
Ok cheers mate, if anyone has any  3/8 unf longer than normal they want to sell let me know 8 would be great

Cheers Hugh

cliftyhanger wrote:
I suspect Jigsaw may sell longer studs too, I am sure he or one of the others keeps them.

Anyone else know will Mini or Morris Minor 3/8 unf fit or is there a reason they will not

As I have bought longer bolts already I hope to avoid having to buy  12 mm studs then more 12 mm bolts,
Cheers Hugh

Archived